Saturday, September 1, 2012

"Marko-Polo" shirt makeover.....Sew easy!

Have you ever been to an event and ended up with a polo style shirt with a logo on it that you would NEVER wear?  I must have 20 of these shirts!  Polo style shirts are everywhere and as much as I love wearing them, I wanted mine to be a little different so I came up with a way to add a little pizzazz to them.  It's super easy to do and I think you'll have a blast.  This is a great project for guys and girls and even more fun for kids!
I used anime fabric for this one but you could use a more conservative fabric if you wanted to.  
It's up to you!
This is the style I'm more likely to wear.
Watch the short video tutorial here!
You'll need basic sewing supplies and a selection of fabrics that you like.
Create your pocket by using another pocket on a different shirt for a pattern guide.
Press your pocket.
Create your placket by folding and pressing a strip of fabric to the size of the placket.  
Pin your pieces in place.
Stitch on the pocket.
Remove the buttons and stitch on the placket.
Replace the buttons and you're done!
Make sure to grab a copy of The Big Ass Book of Crafts 2 for more fashion recycling projects!

1 comment:

  1. Fab project Mark - a quick and easy makeover to brighten any wardrobe - thank you for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete