Sunday, April 13, 2014

Dyed Fabric Boho Cuffs!

If you follow me anywhere on the internet you know I'm a fan of boho style.  Anything colorful, beaded, wrapped, embellished, you name it, I'm all over it.  This week I finally conquered my fear of dying fabric and created these boho style dyed fabric bangles.  I used Rit Liquid Dyes and it was like painting on cloth with watercolors.  I loved it!  Rit has tons of different colors so pick your favorites for this project.  
My niece, Ani!  

Here's the how-to video!
YOU'LL NEED
Rit Liquid Dyes in colors you like
1/2 yard of cotton fabric
Paintbrushes
Glue gun
Newspaper
Wood bangles
1. Fold your fabric at an angle
2. cut it on the fold and then cut 1" wide strips
3. Lay them in newspaper
4. Spray them with water
 5. Paint them with Rit Liquid Dyes as shown
*You can layer the colors and let them bleed together
 6. Leave them on the newspaper and put them in the microwave for 45 to 60 seconds
7.  Rinse them in the sink until the water runs clear
8. Microwave them again for 45-60 seconds or until the strips are dry
9. Glue one end of a strip to the inside of a bangle
10.  Wrap at an angle showing about 1/4" to 1/2" of fabric as you wrap
11.  Glue down the end of the strip and start again until the entire bangle is wrapped
You're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment