Thursday, April 17, 2014

Nesting Easter Eggs DIY

It's that time of year when every chocolate bunny runs in fear from me!  It's also that time of year when I stock up on plastic eggs and wonder why I need 400 of them.  This year I tried something a little different with my egg and painted them like nesting dolls.  I thought it would be a fun gift for my nieces and nephews but instead I fell in love with them and decided to keep them for myself. I roll that way sometimes.  For this project, all you'll need is some Americana Acrylic Paint in a few different colors.  How creative you get is up to you!  
Comfy and cozy
Watch the step by step video tutorial
YOU'LL NEED
Paintbrushes
Plastic eggs in different sizes
 1. Start by painting the face with Americana Flesh Tone
2. When dry add the hair with Dark Chocolate
3. Next, add the eyes
4.  Add the cheeks directly under the eyes
5. Paint either a tiny heart or red dot for the mouth
6. With white add a dot in each eye for sparkle
7.  Decorate the face with more white dots 
8.  Start with a headband across the forehead
9. Create an onion dome shape in dots around the head
10. Finally add some dots under the chin and you're done!
A family gathering




2 comments:

  1. I'm the Editorial Assistant for Fun Family Crafts and I wanted to let you know that we have featured your nesting egg project! You can see it here:

    http://funfamilycrafts.com/nesting-easter-eggs/

    Thanks for another creative project idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy, Thank you so much for featuring my eggs! I truly appreciate it. Big hugs! Mark

      Delete