Saturday, July 4, 2015

Happy 4th of July!

When I was about 9 or 10 there was an Independence Day Fire Hydrant Painting contest in our home town.  Naturally I had a panic attack and begged my parents to let me paint the hydrant on our corner in stars and stripes.  I swear the paints they gave us were lead filled and toxic, but that's another story!  After I spent an entire day in the sun revamping a hideous, crusty yellow fire hydrant into a dazzling red, white and blue MESS, my parents took us around town to suss out the competition.  Let's just say I didn't get the prize that year.  I did however have a stash of red white and blue paint for all kinds of other projects!  Today, it's still one of my favorite color combinations.  Happy 4th my friends!  
xoxo, Mark
I decided to embellish my 4th of July decorations with 
from E-6000
 Fireworks wine glasses!
 Who doesn't need a decorated beer mug?!
My little ice bucket only holds one beer! 
 Cookies are almost ready!
A bit of my table setting 
 Glue on some stars!  I went a little nuts
I can't resist a painted pot project!  These were
made with Americana Decor Chalky Finish
and Allure with silver glitter

1 comment:

  1. too bad, Mark that you don't have a photo of the fire hydrant. that would be so cool to see. :) Dana

    ReplyDelete